Click here for news on Select Sires genetics.
ADVENT-RED Named Premier Sire of the 2009
November 20th 2009
PLAIN CITY, Ohio, Nov. 16, 2009 — It was another banner day for king of the show ring, 7HO7872 KHW Kite ADVENT-RED-ET (EX-94) at the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair (RAWF) Red and White Show. Coming off a superb showing at World Dairy Expo and with daughters consistently taking the top spots in their classes, ADVENT-RED once again garnered the Premier Sire Banner.
“ADVENT-RED’s impact on the Holstein breed continues to build. He has single handedly elevated both the quantity and more importantly, the quality of Red and White cattle. His sons and grandsons at Select will continue in ADVENT’s footsteps. ADVENT-RED is now included in conversations as one of Select Sires’ most influential bulls ever,” commented Brian Garrison, Select Sires’ dairy sire analyst.
Top finishes by ADVENT-RED daughters included:Junior Yearling
2. Sherona-Hill-I KKA Red Clover, Richard M. Green, Middletown, Del.Intermediate Yearling
1. L-Maples KHW Shari-Red, Milk Source LLC, Kaukauna, Wis.
1. Jericho-Dairy Ad Cayann-Red, Crasdale Farms Inc., T and L Cattle Ltd., Hunter River, Prince Edward Island, Canada
2. Scenic-Edge Jellybean-Red, David and Yvonne Preder, Rodney Bohnhoff, Plymouth, Wis.
1. Budjon-Nitzy Destiny-Red-ET (VG-88), Milk Source LLC
2. Greenlea Advent Leta-Red (VG-88), James and Nancy Junemann, Rudolph, Wis.
1. Silvermine Adv Tally-Red-ET, Milk Source LLC, (intermediate champion, honorable mention grand champion)
2. Ropies Advent Java-Red, Richard Green4-Year-Old
3. Hilrose Advent Autumn-Red (EX-90), Erinwood Genetics, Rocky Ridge, N.Y.Based in Plain City, Ohio, Select Sires Inc., is North America’s largest A.I. organization and is comprised of 10 farmer-owned and -controlled cooperatives. As the industry leader, it provides highly fertile semen as well as excellence in service and programs to achieve its basic objective of supplying dairy and beef producers with North America’s best genetics at a reasonable price.# # #